- Never share your first or last name, telephone number, address, place of work, or any other personally identifiable information.
- Share information about yourself without providing specifics that could allow somebody to identify you.
- Ensure that any digital photos that you post do not have metadata in them.
- Always pick a different username between different dating sites and never reuse a username between personal/business sites and a dating site.
- Always review and change the default settings and filters on the dating site and set up the controls that meet your needs. Assume the default settings are never they way you want them to be.
- Never ever send money.
- Fabricated information on a resume is an unfortunate fact and the same happens on a dating site. Do whatever you can to validate or background check before you meet someone.
- Always use Dodonames. Never use your regular email address.
Posts Tagged online dating